How to Incorporate or
Form an LLC
in any State
We’re here to help!

We’ll form your LLC, get your EIN, and help you open your business bank account. All for + state fees.

100% money-back guarantee

ZumaZip has garnered extensive coverage, featured in over 1200 news articles, showcasing numerous satisfied clientele attaining superior outcomes. With ZumaZip, clients navigate debt disputes swiftly and effectively, capitalizing on our comprehensive suite of service

How to Incorporate of Form an LLC in any State ZumaZip

Everything you need to start your dream business and avoid fines

Starting your dream business? We've got your back! With our all-inclusive package, you'll have everything you need to get started and steer clear of pesky fines. Let's make your business journey smooth sailing from day one! 🚀

Keep your business compliant

Launching and expanding your business is exhilarating, but staying compliant is key. With ZumaZip, we've got you covered. We'll assist in business formation, manage your bookkeeping, handle state and federal tax filings, and provide a dedicated account manager. Focus on your strengths; we'll handle the rest! 🌟

Form an LLC to monetize your US presence.

A Limited Liability Company (LLC) combines the flexibility of a partnership with the liability protection of a corporation. It shields your personal assets from business debts, simplifies management, and offers pass-through taxation, making it a top pick for many small businesses.

Getting Started is Easy

At, we're here to make business easier for you. Whether you're ready to form an LLC, Corporation, or Non-Profit, we've got you covered every step of the way. Our comprehensive services provide everything you need to start and maintain your business hassle-free. Let's turn your entrepreneurial dreams into reality together!

Taking action and responding is the most strategic decision.

How to Incorporate of Form an LLC in any State ZumaZip 4

When facing a debt lawsuit, you’ll be served with a Complaint and Summons, sometimes referred to as a Petition or Warrant for Debt. Responding promptly is crucial, and our platform enables you to complete an Answer document within the specified deadline. Once completed, our team will ensure an attorney reviews it and handles the filing process on your behalf.

It’s worth noting that many debt collectors opt to discontinue the case upon receiving our response. Plus, our services come at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional legal representation.

Begin Your Solution Today: Just 15 Minutes to Take Control.

Form your US company from anywhere in the world.

Form your US company effortlessly with ZumaZip—no SSN required. We handle LLC, C-Corp, and DAO LLC formations. Our all-inclusive service covers Employer Identification Number (EIN), Registered Agent service, and Operating Agreement, all without hidden fees.

Begin Your Solution Today: Just 15 Minutes to Take Control.

How to Incorporate of Form an LLC in any State ZumaZip 4

Frequently Asked Questions:

Nope! Whether you’re a US citizen or based anywhere else in the world, ZumaZip is here to help you get your business incorporated and kickstart your dream venture in a snap. We welcome entrepreneurs from all corners of the globe!

We don’t need any documents to get started. We just need a few pieces of info from you:

*Your Company Name
*Your Personal Address
*Phone Number
*Email (For contact purposes)

Later in the process, you’ll need a passport to set up your bank account.

This varies depending on the type of order you are placing.

For incorporation orders, we typically require the following:

  • Your business type
  • Your state of incorporation
  • A name choice for your company (we require one, but ideally would like you to provide two)
  • Name, address, phone, and email for the point of contact for your order
  • Shipping contact information (if different from the main contact)
  • The legal address of the company
  • The name and address for the registered agent for your company
  • Names and addresses of directors and officers (corporations) or members/managers (LLCs)
  • Number of authorized shares and par value (corporations)
  • Whether your company will be member- or manager-managed (LLCs)

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to identify a business entity for tax purposes. It’s essentially like a Social Security Number (SSN) for your business. EINs are used for filing taxes, opening a business bank account, hiring employees, and other business-related activities.

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for individuals who are required to file taxes in the United States but are not eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN). ITINs are used exclusively for tax purposes and are issued to individuals, including non-resident aliens, resident aliens, and their spouses and dependents, who need to report income to the IRS.

We begin processing all orders upon payment. The total time needed for order completion varies by order type (incorporation or other filing) and state.

Orders are processed based on the priority service level selected. Typical routine processing times are 4-6 weeks, while expedited processing times are in most cases 1-2 weeks.  In many states you can select a 24 or 48 hour filing option. With 24 or 48 hour filings that is the timeframe the state takes to approve a filing after receipt of the incorporation documents. Most states do not return the state-approved documents in that timeframe, however. The incorporation will be official, but the states often take around 7 business days to return the state-approved documents. 

A Limited Liability Company (LLC) is a business structure that combines the features of a corporation and a partnership or sole proprietorship. It provides limited liability protection to its owners (called members), meaning their personal assets are typically protected from the debts and liabilities of the business. LLCs offer flexibility in management and taxation, allowing owners to choose how they want the business to be taxed, either as a disregarded entity, partnership, S corporation, or C corporation. This versatility, along with its liability protection, makes the LLC a popular choice for small businesses and startups.


A C Corporation (C corp) is a type of legal business structure that provides owners (shareholders) with limited liability protection while allowing for unlimited growth potential. In addition to shielding personal assets from business liabilities, the C corp structure enables businesses to issue multiple classes of stock to an unlimited number of investors, making it an ideal choice for companies seeking significant growth and expansion opportunities. This flexibility in stock issuance allows C corporations to attract investors and raise capital to finance their operations and initiatives.

An S Corporation (S corp) is a type of business entity that combines the limited liability protection of a corporation with the pass-through taxation of a partnership or sole proprietorship. Unlike a traditional C Corporation, an S Corp avoids double taxation because it does not pay federal income tax at the corporate level. Instead, profits and losses are passed through to the shareholders’ personal tax returns and taxed at their individual income tax rates.

To qualify as an S Corporation, a business must meet certain eligibility requirements, including being a domestic corporation, having only allowable shareholders (such as individuals, certain trusts, and estates), and not having more than 100 shareholders.

S Corporations are popular among small to medium-sized businesses because they offer limited liability protection to shareholders while providing the tax advantages of pass-through taxation. Additionally, S Corps offer flexibility in management and can help business owners save on self-employment taxes compared to operating as a sole proprietorship or partnership.

A nonprofit organization, often referred to simply as a nonprofit, is a type of entity that operates for purposes other than making a profit. Nonprofits are typically dedicated to serving the public good or advancing a particular cause, such as charitable, educational, religious, scientific, or social welfare purposes.

Unlike for-profit businesses, nonprofits do not distribute profits to owners or shareholders. Instead, any surplus revenue generated by the organization is reinvested into its mission or used to support its programs and activities. Nonprofits may rely on donations, grants, membership dues, fundraising events, and other sources of funding to support their operations.

Nonprofit organizations come in various forms, including charitable organizations, foundations, religious organizations, social clubs, and trade associations. They are governed by specific regulations and may be eligible for tax-exempt status, meaning they are not required to pay certain federal and state taxes on income generated from activities related to their exempt purpose.

Overall, nonprofits play a vital role in addressing societal needs, promoting social welfare, and contributing to the betterment of communities and society as a whole.


A USA charity, also known as a charitable organization or nonprofit organization in the United States, is an entity that is established and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, religious, scientific, literary, or other purposes that benefit the public interest. These organizations are typically registered with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and may be eligible for tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

USA charities rely on donations, grants, and other sources of funding to support their programs and activities. They may engage in a wide range of charitable activities, including providing assistance to individuals in need, supporting educational initiatives, conducting research, promoting health and wellness, advancing the arts and culture, and addressing social and environmental issues.

To qualify for tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization, a USA charity must meet certain requirements set forth by the IRS, including operating exclusively for charitable purposes, not engaging in prohibited political activities, and adhering to specific reporting and disclosure requirements.

Overall, USA charities play a crucial role in addressing societal needs, improving communities, and making a positive impact on the lives of individuals across the country.

Absolutely! Electronic signatures are generally considered legally binding and are recognized under laws such as the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA). These laws define an electronic signature as an “electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.”

However, it’s essential to note that there are exceptions in electronic signature laws for certain documents, such as wills and trusts, which typically require in-person signatures. If you have any doubts or questions about the legal validity of using electronic signatures for a specific document in your jurisdiction, it’s always best to seek advice from a qualified attorney. They can provide guidance tailored to your situation and ensure that you’re complying with all relevant laws and regulations.

While electronic signatures are valid for most types of business and personal transactions, U.S. laws do have exceptions. The federal ESIGN Act restricts the use of electronic signatures for the following categories of documents:

  • Wills, testamentary trusts, and codicils (including estate planning documents obtained through LegalZoom)

  • Adoption, divorce, and other family law papers (including such documents obtained through LegalZoom)

  • Contracts governed by the Uniform Commercial Code (e.g., negotiable instruments, letters of credit, investment securities, secured transactions) other than sections 1–107 and 1–206 and Articles 2 and 2A

  • Court orders, notices, or official court documents (including briefs, pleadings, and other writings) required to be executed in connection with court proceedings

  • Notice of the cancellation or termination of utility services (including water, heat, and power)

  • Notice of default, acceleration, repossession, foreclosure, or eviction, or the right to cure, under a credit agreement secured by, or a rental agreement for, a primary residence of an individual

  • Notice of the cancellation or termination of health insurance or benefits or life insurance benefits (excluding annuities)

  • Product recalls or notices of material failures that risk endangering health or safety

  • Documentation accompanying the transport of hazardous materials

Note that state electronic signature laws may contain additional exceptions to those listed above. If you have any questions regarding whether a document may be validly signed using eSignature in your jurisdiction, please seek advice from an attorney.

Deciding on the state in which to incorporate your business depends on various factors, including your business goals, operations, and preferences. Here are some key considerations to help you make this decision:

  1. Location of Business Operations: Consider where your business will primarily operate. Incorporating in the state where you conduct the majority of your business activities may simplify compliance requirements and taxation.

  2. Legal and Tax Considerations: Different states have varying tax rates, regulations, and legal frameworks for businesses. Research the tax laws, corporate statutes, and regulatory environment in potential states to determine which offers the most favorable conditions for your business.

  3. State-specific Benefits: Some states offer incentives or benefits for businesses, such as tax credits, grants, or special programs for certain industries. Explore these opportunities to see if they align with your business needs and objectives.

  4. Corporate Formalities: Each state has its own requirements for corporate formalities, such as annual filings, reporting obligations, and corporate governance. Consider the administrative burden and costs associated with complying with these requirements in each state.

  5. Legal Jurisdiction: Consider the legal jurisdiction of the state where you incorporate, as it may affect legal disputes, litigation, and other legal matters involving your business.

  6. Business Reputation: The state in which your business is incorporated can also influence its reputation and credibility among customers, investors, and partners. Choose a state with a positive business environment and reputation.

Ultimately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, and the best state for incorporation will depend on your specific circumstances and priorities. It may be helpful to consult with legal and financial advisors to weigh the pros and cons of different options and make an informed decision.

Many people select Delaware (DE), Nevada (NV) or Wyoming (WY) but as stated this is a decision you will need to make.

Virtually all states require C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), limited partnerships (LPs) and nonprofit corporations to appoint a registered agent in the state where the company is incorporated. If a company has registered to transact business in another state (a process called foreign qualification), it typically must have a registered agent in the state(s) of qualification as well. The registered agent is responsible for receiving, on behalf of the company, important legal and tax documents including: Service of Process (Notice of Litigation), franchise tax forms and annual report forms. The registered agent may be an individual or it may be a company approved by the state to serve as a registered agent. It must be located at a street address (not a post office box) in the state where the company is incorporated or qualified to transact business. The registered agent’s name and address are included on the incorporation documents, making them a matter of public record.

ZumaZip includes 3 months of registered agent service free with all formation and foreign qualification orders. To ensure there is not any interruption in services, the account is enrolled in our auto-renew program. For $220 a year, your registered agent service will remain active on auto renewal. However, if you are looking to purchase more than a year at a time, we do offer that as well. You can opt in for 2 years for $320 (breaks down to $160 a year) or 3 years at $420 (breaks down to $140 a year). We do notify you approximately a month prior to the auto renewal that the payment is coming due.

If you prefer to not use our auto renewal service, you can also make payments online by a number of payment options  calling into customer service, or on your online account.

A DBA (also known as a trade name or fictitious business name) is a nickname for your business, which allows a sole proprietor or partnership to operate under a name other than your legal name.  It does not create a business structure for the company.

As a sole proprietor/partnership, registering the DBA name allows you to operate and market your business under a name other than your own name.  Banks will require the DBA to be registered for you to open an account under the company name.

The DBA is less formal and typically less expensive to register and to operate.   You won’t file annual reports to the State, and in many states the DBA will only need to be renewed every 5 – 10 years or not at all.  You can obtain a federal tax ID (EIN) for the DBA, which means you won’t have to provide your personal SSN to vendors or clients when they request a tax ID.

If you already own a corporation or LLC, the DBA will allow you to expand your business without forming a separate company- for example if you run a bakery as Suzi Q’s Bakery, LLC and want to expand into catering you could add a DBA to the LLC.  Making the LLC as the owner of the DBA links it to that entity and extends the LLC’s liability protection to the DBA.

Similarly, franchise owners typically form an LLC or corporation under a name like Smith Group LLC and register the DBA “McDonald’s” in the county where their restaurant is located.

Although there are many different requirements depending on the state and city where you are located, there are a few key items that you will need to handle to keep your company in active and good standing:

Registered Agent – All states require that you maintain a registered agent in order to keep your company active. The agent is responsible for receiving and forwarding served legal documents and important state mail. The agent would then be responsible for forwarding these documents to your company in a timely manner. In order to act as the registered agent, one must have a physical address within the state where someone is available during normal business hours. Here at ZumaZip, we have partnered to offer this service in all 50 states and Washington DC. As part of our formation packages, we include a 3 month term for free. At that point, you can renew on a one, two, or three year basis.

Annual Report – Most states have a report due either every year or every other year in order to maintain your company standing. Some also use these reports to update key pieces of information with them (including addresses). Each state varies in terms of the due date and fee involved. As part of our registered agent services, we would send notifications to remind you of any upcoming annual reports. We can also assist with the filings themselves to ensure your company stays active and in good standing.

Permits – Depending on where you are located and the industry under which you operate, your city, county, or state may require that you maintain certain business permits or licenses. These licenses are vital to keeping yourself protected from fees or fines from government departments or city offices. Although we at cannot assist with obtaining or maintaining permits at this time, we can help by doing research into your locale to see what licenses you may need. 

Taxes – You may be required to pay a number of taxes depending on your industry. This can include Sales/Use Tax if you sell goods or services and Unemployment/Withholding Tax if you plan to have employees in a state. With that being said, we are able to assist with the initial registrations for the Sales/Use Tax and Unemployment/Withholding Taxes here at ZumaZip. However, we cannot assist with ongoing tax filings; and we would suggest that you work with a CPA or other tax professional to handle any tax related questions you may have.

Schedule a FREE Consultation Now

Ready to chat with an expert about LLCs, C Corps, and S Corps? Schedule your FREE consultation now! Our knowledgeable team is here to answer all your questions and help you choose the best structure for your business. Let’s get started on the path to success together!

ZumaZip has your back

And we’ve got you covered in all 50 states.